chocolat-art and bootlegs

General chat about Television Personalities.

Moderators: windlessair, Keg

dirk

chocolat-art and bootlegs

Post by dirk » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 am

Hello TVP fans,

I hope I am right here (where else should I?) for this question: Was the vinyl of chocolat-art released in two different versions? I mean, I have two now and I don't know which one would be a reprint or so. The difference: One album has a glossy surface and the other one is more a matt, rough surface. The label print is red in the one and the other is black.

Anybody any idea about that? Didn't find any information anywhere!

My other question is: Are there any TVPs bootlegs on vinyl out there? Sometimes I wonder about some offers on eBay? Anybody any idea about that?

Thanks,
Dirk

Avalanche

Post by Avalanche » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:25 pm

Yes, it seems that "Chocolat Art" was released in two different covers. If I remember right the album with the glossy survace and the red label was the first pressing (this one also came with an insert including some photos).

About bootlegs: the only vinyl bootleg I know is the "Mod Is Dead" album which was recorded on 13-12-1991 @ Circus Gammelsdorf, Germany. This one was on sale on eBay a few years ago.
Oh, I nearly forget: will the "Paisley Shirts & Mini Skirts" vinyl lp count as a bootleg, too?

Have a smashing time.

dirk

Post by dirk » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:55 pm

Oh, I nearly forget: will the "Paisley Shirts & Mini Skirts" vinyl lp count as a bootleg, too?
This would have been my next question. I can get a hand on that, is it worth buying it? Anybody any idea how the recordings are?

Keg
Site Admin

Post by Keg » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:06 pm

dirk wrote:
This would have been my next question. I can get a hand on that, is it worth buying it? Anybody any idea how the recordings are?
I have the CD of this. As you might imagine, it's quite raw - both the music and the recording quality. But it's not bad at all. If you've ever heard any early TVP live recordings, you'll know what to expect.

dirk

Post by dirk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Guys, you were a great help!

Thanks a lot,
Dirk