The Eighties Indie Scene

Important band news and forum announcements.

Moderators: windlessair, Keg

Keg
Site Admin

The Eighties Indie Scene

Post by Keg » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:49 pm

I've been contacted by Sam Knee (details below), an author who is writing a book about the various indie / alternative scenes in the period 1980-90. He's on the lookout for some photos to illustrate the work. Details are below. I'm sure he'd be delighted to hear from anybody.
calling all middle aged indie poppers/mod/garage rockers........

I'm a music fan, all round record nerd, and am compiling a book, A Scene In Between, documenting The fashion and styles of Indie / underground music 1980-1990.
Can you help? I'm digging for photos from the time be it of you and your mates hanging about, gig/band/crowd shots etc...

From Post Punk/via C86 to Shoegaze and everything in between.
- Fire Engines, Joseph K, Orange Juice, Postcard records period
- Television Personalities, Times, Whaam records, Groovy Cellar, Mood Six, The Regency, Acid mod type feel
- Goth /sixties crossover in fashion. The Birthday Party, Cramps, Gun Club, Scientists,Turkey Bones and the Wild Dogs,Dr and the Medics, Inca Babies, Membranes
- Pastels, Shop Assistants, Jasmine Minks, Jesus And Mary Chain, Meat Whiplash, Loft, early Creation, Living Room scene
-Garage/ Mod crossover scenes Green Telescope, Prisoners, Milkshakes, Surrounds, Jukes
-Venues like the Crypt Deptford, Hammersmith Clarendon, Gossips, Taste Experience in Southend, Coal Hole, Black Horse, Speed Club
-C86/87 bands Vaselines, BMX Bandits, Boy Hairdressers,Talulah Gosh, 53rd and 3rd records,Pooh Sticks Sea Urchins,Early Sarah bands.
-My Bloody Valentine, Spacemen 3 , Loop , Telescopes etc all early shoegaze type stuff.

I think you get the general gist. Would love to see what you've got.
sam@thevillagegreenlondon.com
--
Sam Knee

http://www.thevillagegreenlondon.com

Bazza

Re: The Eighties Indie Scene

Post by Bazza » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:45 pm

I finally got a copy of this book for Xmas and very good it is too. There's a few photos of Dan/TVP's in it.

Keg
Site Admin

Re: The Eighties Indie Scene

Post by Keg » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:55 pm

Bazza wrote:I finally got a copy of this book for Xmas and very good it is too. There's a few photos of Dan/TVP's in it.
You've got one copy more than I have. I was promised a free one from the publisher but it never materialised.
Twitter: @ConDrivers