Sexton Ming

Discuss other bands etc here.

Moderators: windlessair, Keg

marc

Sexton Ming

Post by marc » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:40 pm

Sexton Ming was the drummer of the Television Personalities in 1995/96 (right?). That's one reason the '96 tour sounded so weak (maybe?). The other reason is that Sexton is an artist. What do you think of his work - as musician, poet and painter? In July he will have an soloexhibition in Berlin. I don't have the details yet, but I will be there. One reasonable fact about art is that "it" have to be documentated. Is anybody out there interrested in Sexton Ming's work?

leefact25

Post by leefact25 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:27 pm

Bit presumptious of you to think the tour was weak because of his drumming - one of the best gigs I've played in The Long Decline was mainly due to the fact that Sexton's drumming kept us together. Me thinks the bass in that last line up was the weak link.

Saw him play in a rehearsal studio last saturday - he was on top form!

marc

Post by marc » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:02 pm

Uups... I don't think Sexton's drumming was weak. This 'last' line up was very special. It's hard for me finding the right words for it... because I'm mainly german. I like the 'hard to describe deepness' of Sexton's drumming, he has a good musical spirit, and it is a great cooperation with Dan. On bass I prefer the workings with Jowe most.