Whatisdoneisdone

Chat about Ed Ball and his many groups.

Moderators: windlessair, Keg

Bazza

Whatisdoneisdone

Post by Bazza » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:10 pm

I finally got round to picking up the Teenage Filmstars 3 albums on 2 CDs this week - 'Rocket Charms/Buy Our Record Support Our Sickness/Bring Back The Cartel' (Artpop! 1211) which came out in 2009.
Must admit though that I don't like it as much as Ed's solo albums or The Times but I did notice on the back cover that it states 'Coming soon! New solo album from Edward Ball' and has a photo of an album called 'Whatsdoneisdone'. Does anyone know if this album ever came out? As I know that the title track did get released on an Artpop download only comp.

Keg
Site Admin

Re: Whatisdoneisdone

Post by Keg » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:54 pm

If you browse down the list of topics in the Ed Ball discussion section you'll see quite a few references to new songs, a 7" and a new LP round about 2007/08. As far as I know everything seemed to get pulled from release and Ed disappeared from public view (but he was later confirmed as being ok). So I don't think it ever came out. A shame, as the new songs he posted back then were pretty good. Did Ed appear at Dan Treacy's 100 Club benefit show?
Twitter: @ConDrivers

Bazza

Post by Bazza » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 pm

Someone claimed that Ed was at the Dan Treacy benefit show. But if he was he didn't get up on stage and I didn't spot him in the crowd but then it was pretty packed in the 100 Club that night.

Nonsuch

Post by Nonsuch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:30 pm

As I understand it, Ed was invited to participate at the 100 Club event but declined while sending his best wishes. I don't think he attended.