The Wonderful World of Ed Ball

Chat about Ed Ball and his many groups.

Moderators: windlessair, Keg

diskojames

The Wonderful World of Ed Ball

Post by diskojames » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 pm

hi all - its been ages since I've posted here. I've always followed / collected Dan's work more closely than Ed's. There's a few reasons for that, the main reason being that I felt kind of overwhelmed by the sheer volume of music that Ed has put out over the years. So I picked up the O-Level compilation, the 1st few Times records and tried not to think about how much was out there. I recently decided to fill in the gaps with my Ed Ball stuff, and have picked up quite a few CD's over the last couple of weeks. Still have a few albums that I'm missing, and some of these seem very expensive on the 2nd hand market (out of print). Also, bear in mind that I do not own anything by Love Corporation or Conspiracy of Noise. I might hunt those down after I finish collecting Ed Ball solo / The Times proper (already picked up all Teenage Filmstars records). So, does anyone have feedback on these albums that I'm missing?

Hello Europe (sad to say I owned this on the 2-fer CD years ago, but I don't know what happened to it....and I only remember not liking this one)

Beat Torture (seems mid range on the used CD market)

Sad But True (mid range)

Pirate Playlist '66 (ridiculously expensive on the 2nd hand market - about $100 US)

Why Do I Need a Gun I'm Chelsea (seems reasonable on ebay)

If A Man Ever Loved a Woman (single, only for the track United States of Loneliness). Not sure if this is worth hunting down for 1 song....but I like the (2) Ed Ball solo records I have...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for reading!

Keg
Site Admin

Re: The Wonderful World of Ed Ball

Post by Keg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:34 pm

diskojames wrote:Sad But True (mid range)
I got a copy off ebay many years ago. I've not listened to it in a while but I seem to remember thinking that it was just ok.
diskojames wrote:Why Do I Need a Gun I'm Chelsea (seems reasonable on ebay)
As you probably know, it's a compilation of singles and b-sides from the "Catholic Guilt" era LP. Some worthwhile stuff, as I remember it.
Twitter: @ConDrivers

diskojames

Re: The Wonderful World of Ed Ball

Post by diskojames » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:35 pm

I appreciate the info Keg! I was able to secure everything at an affordable rate with the exception of Pirate Playlist '66, Beat Torture, and Hello Europe. I'll just have to keep my eyes open for those I suppose. What strikes me as funny is that I recall holding Pirate Playlist '66 in my hands at the Princeton Record Exchange years ago and for whatever reason didn't buy it that day. Ah, well. I'm well on my way towards having a healthy Ed Ball collection though!