Nude magazine profile

General chat about Television Personalities.

Moderators: windlessair, Keg

simonm

Nude magazine profile

Post by simonm » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:08 pm

I've written a short piece about Dan + TVPs in issue 10 of this interesting UK alt-culture mag
www.nudemagazine.co.uk/

The website says it's 'out now' but they haven't sent my copy yet...

There's not much you can say in 500 words, but bearing in mind the shambles that was the 93 Feet East debacle, I possibly overstated the "Dan is back in the game and raring to go" side of things...

Nonsuch

Re: Nude magazine profile

Post by Nonsuch » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:01 pm

simonm wrote:...but bearing in mind the shambles that was the 93 Feet East debacle...
Please elaborate. I thought it was a pretty good show myself and so did others I spoke to.

Keg
Site Admin

Post by Keg » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:24 pm

I got a copy of the magazine yesterday. Nice article.

simonm

Re: Nude magazine profile

Post by simonm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:36 pm

Nonsuch wrote:
simonm wrote:...but bearing in mind the shambles that was the 93 Feet East debacle...
Please elaborate. I thought it was a pretty good show myself and so did others I spoke to.
Pretty good compared to what? Did they even play one song from beginning to end? The bits where Dan played solo were best, but I left the venue feeling sad.

Nonsuch

Post by Nonsuch » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:02 am

"Pretty good compared to what?"
Compared to performances at The Barfly and The Windmill...A significant improvement, in my very humble opinion.

"Did they even play one song from beginning to end?"
'Long Time Gone', 'King & Country'. 'She's My Yoko' to name a few that I can recall.

"The bits where Dan played solo were best.."
I agree. 'Games For Boys' in particular was outstanding.

"..but I left the venue feeling sad."
I can understand that. The saddest part for me was that certain members of the audience seemed to be there purely to provoke and poke fun at Dan. (I'd type a rude word at this point, but won't in case I offend anyone. :wink: )

Great article by the way Simon, and thanks for posting about it on this forum...I would probably have missed it otherwise. 8)

simonm

Post by simonm » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:39 pm

Nonsuch wrote:"Pretty good compared to what?"
Compared to performances at The Barfly and The Windmill...A significant improvement, in my very humble opinion.

Great article by the way Simon, and thanks for posting about it on this forum...I would probably have missed it otherwise. 8)
Glad you liked the article, I've got my copy now and am happy with it.

As far as gig comparisons go - I missed the Windmill and Barfly gigs so I can't comment, but the 100 Club gig was better than 93 Ft E, in my also-humble opinion.

... but as Lindsay Anderson would say: "Onwards!"