Television Personalities @ 93 Feet East, 30th January 2007

Chat about gigs / setlists / bootlegs etc.

Moderators: windlessair, Keg

Nonsuch

Television Personalities @ 93 Feet East, 30th January 2007

Post by Nonsuch » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:55 pm

Not listed on 93 feet east's website yet (a bit far in advance perhaps)....

http://www.93feeteast.co.uk/

...but tickets are on sale.

http://www.wegottickets.com/

:)

Skylarking

TELEVISION PERSONALITIES

Post by Skylarking » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:37 pm

theo

Post by theo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:57 pm

The Shebeats>>>>>>

Nonsuch

Post by Nonsuch » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:34 pm

Skylarking

TVP'S 93 Feet East

Post by Skylarking » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:00 pm

thios one sets to be a corker

Keg
Site Admin

Post by Keg » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:30 pm

Any reviews? Any fights this time? :wink:

Nonsuch

Post by Nonsuch » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:56 am

No fights, just a terrific performance from Dan, in my opinion. The band played for over an hour. There were laughs, chaos, banter a-plenty and all capped off by a memorable medley of songs from the 'Bigger Than The Beatles' album, with Dan and John Bennett playing as an 'original TVP's' duo. Great stuff! Image

It'd be nice to see some other TVP's fans posting their thoughts on this forum, as opposed to elsewhere on the 'net e.g. Yahoo Groups. Not that I've got anything against Yahoo Groups, just I can't access them due to the firewall at work. 8)

droopdr

Post by droopdr » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:54 pm

First, excuse me for my bad English, as I'm French. I came from Paris just to see the TVP's @93 feet east, I guess I just had to see Dan on a stage as it's by far my favourite band. I knew what to expect from a man who cancelled pretty much every show scheduled in paris the last two years... REally, I enjoyed the show but there's still one thing i dont understand. Why do some people in the crowd actually paid 10 pounds just to laugh at Dan's change of mood and trying to provoke him so he just loses his temper... There was one guy just in front of me who laughed and took pictures of Dan for the whole show... it was like he was at the circus or the zoo... It was even more upsetting that Dan replied to every provocation from the crowd.
Besides the crowd, I think the performance was great, but to see Dan like that is a little bit sad. You can see he wants to be the center of the attention, even if he would say the opposite. I really think he shouldnt worry about a band and play solo gigs, as the songs that moved me the most that night were the ones he played solo, just with his guitar and the fragilest voice that made his songs so special and heartbreaking.

Bertrand

Post by Bertrand » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:06 pm

Nonsuch wrote:No fights, just a terrific performance from Dan, in my opinion. The band played for over an hour. There were laughs, chaos, banter a-plenty and all capped off by a memorable medley of songs from the 'Bigger Than The Beatles' album, with Dan and John Bennett playing as an 'original TVP's' duo. Great stuff!
This makes me wish I had crossed the sea too.

Keg
Site Admin

Post by Keg » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:23 pm

droopdr wrote:I came from Paris just to see the TVP's @93 feet east, I guess I just had to see Dan on a stage as it's by far my favourite band.
Welcome droopdr! Thanks for your review. How about introducing yourself over here?
http://www.televisionpersonalities.co.u ... ic.php?t=9

Skylarking

Television Personalities @93 Feet East 30/1/07 MR.Brightside

Post by Skylarking » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:57 pm

Television Personalities @93 Feet East 30/1/07 performing Mr.Brightside..excellent video & performance from a truly influential living Legend Dan Treacy.much cheers to Shark & Pocket Promise for filming.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... id=7302954