mystery tvp

Chat about gigs / setlists / bootlegs etc.

Moderators: windlessair, Keg

painterman

mystery tvp

Post by painterman » Sun May 28, 2006 10:36 am

I went down to Brighton for the gig at The Basement in Oct 84 and the tvp's played as a four piece that night with an extra guitarist I'd never seen before, he really helped to beef up the sound. The next time they played London he'd gone never to be seen again.. Does anyone else remember this, know who the guy was and why he disappeared off the scene so rapidly?

windlessair
Site Admin

Re: mystery tvp

Post by windlessair » Wed May 31, 2006 5:49 pm

painterman wrote:I went down to Brighton for the gig at The Basement in Oct 84 and the tvp's played as a four piece that night with an extra guitarist I'd never seen before, he really helped to beef up the sound. The next time they played London he'd gone never to be seen again.. Does anyone else remember this, know who the guy was and why he disappeared off the scene so rapidly?
I have a recording of a show at The Basement from October 24, 1984. Jowe gave it to me years ago. Great show! Band was tight and sound was fine. I don't remember hearing a second guitarist on the recording though. Could they have played there more then once in 1984?

painterman

Re: mystery tvp

Post by painterman » Wed May 31, 2006 7:42 pm

Windlessair wrote:
painterman wrote:I went down to Brighton for the gig at The Basement in Oct 84 and the tvp's played as a four piece that night with an extra guitarist I'd never seen before, he really helped to beef up the sound. The next time they played London he'd gone never to be seen again.. Does anyone else remember this, know who the guy was and why he disappeared off the scene so rapidly?
I have a recording of a show at The Basement from October 24, 1984. Jowe gave it to me years ago. Great show! Band was tight and sound was fine. I don't remember hearing a second guitarist on the recording though. Could they have played there more then once in 1984?
It's possible yes, I couldn't give a date for the gig I went to but it was definitely in the autumn of that year and one of the best gigs I've ever seen them play. Support was a band Grab Grab the Haddock who featured the two girls from the the Marine Girls who weren't Tracey Thorn