Television Personalities THU Jan 17th 2008 RHYTHMFACTORY

Chat about gigs / setlists / bootlegs etc.

Moderators: windlessair, Keg

Skylarking

Post by Skylarking » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:32 pm

BORED YOUTH ON PROZAC
The best in upfront alternative post-modern rock'n'roll debauchery !

THE TELEVISION PERSONALITIES + MIDDLEMAN + THE OUTSIDE ROYALTY
+ BO PEPPER + MILK KAN

http://www.rhythmfactory.co.uk/events.html

8pm - 1am............ price tbc

Keg
Site Admin

Post by Keg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:03 pm

So... any reports?

leefact25

ok here goes

Post by leefact25 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:23 pm

Sparsely attended - I missed the Notting Hill gig but thought TVP's performance was better than the gig with Pete Doherty

This time only one guest - twas me - first on melodica (SillyGirl/Three Wishes) and then on stylophone (All the Young Children on Smack/14th Floor).

Particularly commend Stickymoan's bass playing - really on top form

Sons I know with dashes against the ones I don't (doesn't necessarily mean these are new ones)

Long Time Gone
-----
A Picture of Dorian Gray/I'm A Believer
Look Back In Anger
This Time There's No Happy Ending/Always Somerthing There To Remind Me
Silly Girl
Three Wishes
-------
May You Dream The Sweetest Dreams
-------
All The Young Children On Smack
14th Floor

As the gig was now approaching 12:15 (having been on stage for about an hour) - I was onstage at this point - the first anyone knew - including the band - was that we were still playing our instruments and none of the mikes were working - the soundman had independently decided that we were to finish and that he wanted to go home!

Calls for an encore were politely refused by stickymoan - addressing the situation with one of comeplete helplessness!

I took a photo of a group of fans with Stickymoan and Kev Mann.

All were feeling Ok afterward.

Nonsuch

Post by Nonsuch » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:11 pm

I think I can fill in the dashes for leefact - 'King & Country', 'Stop And Smell The Roses' and 'Everything She Touches Turns To Gold' were also played. And another new song appeared towards the end of the set - 'She Deserves A Halo'. All sounded great to me! Very funny moment was a Scottish guy in the audience repeatedly calling out for an obscure TVP's song...and Dan's responses, which unfortunately I can't remember..All good-natured banter! Comparatively low turnout was due, I think, to there having been very little time to promote the show and it being the middle of January (most folks are skint around this time of the month..especially in January.. I know I am!)

Agent IndiePop

Post by Agent IndiePop » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:50 pm

I would have loved to have gone to the past three TVPs gigs but I couldn't afford Doherty's ticket prices and the other two were in 18+ venues.

A girl consumed by fire, we all know her desire from the plans that she has made...